Eleven Madison Park in New York took home the World’s Best Restaurants Award, becoming the first U.S. restaurant to win the top spot since 2004.
The World’s 50 Best is published by William Reed Business Media.
Italy’s Osteria Francescana came in second after winning the title for the first time last year. While, Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca came in third.
This is the first time that a restaurant from the US has won since Chef Thomas Keller’s French Laundry in Yountville, California, bagged the title in 2003 and 2004. All other winners have been European.
The awards, started in 2002, has gained popularity at a rapid pace and is now a global phenomenon.
Interestingly, Not even a single Indian Restaurant could make it to the prestigious list of Top 50 Restaurants.
However, Indian Accent located in New Delhi came in at No 78 in the extended list of Top 100 Restaurants.
Here’s the The Top 50 Restaurants List 2017:
- Eleven Madison Park, New York
- Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy
- El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
- Mirazur, Menton, France
- Central, Lima
- Asador Etxebarri, Axpe, Spain
- Gaggan, Bangkok
- Maido, Lima
- Mugaritz, San Sebastian, Spain
- Steirereck, Vienna
- Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Pocantico Hills, New York
- Arpège, Paris
- Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée, Paris
- Restaurant André, Singapore
- Piazza Duomo, Alba, Italy
- D.O.M., São Paulo, Brazil
- Le Bernardin, New York
- Narisawa, Tokyo
- Geranium, Copenhagen
- Pujol, Mexico City
- Alinea, Chicago
- Quintonil, Mexico City
- White Rabbit, Moscow
- Amber, Hong Kong
- Tickets, Barcelona
- The Clove Club, London
- The Ledbury, London
- Nahm, Bangkok
- Le Calandre, Rubano, Italy
- Arzak, San Sebastian, Spain
- Pavillon Ledoyen, Paris
- Attica, Melbourne
- Astrid y Gastón, Lima
- De Librije, Zwolle, Netherlands
- Septime, Paris
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London
- Saison, San Francisco
- Azurmendi, Larrabetzu, Spain
- Relae, Copenhagen
- Cosme, New York
- Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet, Shanghai
- Boragó, Santiago
- Reale, Castel di Sangro, Italy
- Brae, Birregurra, Australia
- Den, Tokyo
- L’Astrance, Paris
- Vendôme, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
- Restaurant Tim Raue, Berlin
- Tegui, Buenos Aires
- Hof van Cleve, Kruishoutem, Belgium