This year strings Conference of physics will be held in Bengaluru, after 14 years, where eminent scientists and theorists in physics will discuss some of the deepest questions of science.
The Strings Conference:
- Nobel Prize winners like David Gross, Fields Medal recipient Edward Witten , and Juan Maldacena, whose paper on the holographic principle that the universe is a hologram was the most cited paper for a long time are expected to attend the conference.
- The Strings Conference 2015 is to review theories about fundamental aspects of nature: what is matter and energy , how was the universe formed, what shapes its destiny?
- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) which was recently set up in Bengaluru to bring together top scientists in the field, will also inaugurate its campus during the meeting.
Topics to be discussed during conference:
- Cosmic inflation, the theory that says the universe expanded at an astoundingly rapid rate a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second after its birth.
- Super symmetric quantum field theory, which links every particle with a super symmetric particle not yet discovered.
- Einstein’s general theory of relativity is a key topic at the conference, not surprising because scientists are celebrating the centenary of this landmark theory.
- Talks will be about black holes, collapsed super massive stars that are testing the imagination of several physicists.