Many new and exciting announcements were made at the Reliance Industries’ 41st Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Here are some highlights:
- Jio has doubled its subscriber base to 215 million in 22 months.
- The company announced the second-generation JioPhone, again, at a very competitive price of Rs 2,999.
- This BlackBerry Curve-like device will be made available starting August 15.
- The launch of JioGigaFiber – the company’s fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) broadband service.
- Extending fiber connectivity to homes, merchants, small and medium enterprises and large enterprises simultaneously across 1,100 cities.
- Reliance JioGigaFiber is all-in-one broadband service that rolls IPTV, landline, video conferencing, virtual reality gaming, among others.
- JioGigaFiber consists of the GigaFiber router and GigaFiber set-up-box.